Lunches and Snacks
Please send along a lunch that will work for your child. We provide snacks. Snacks shall be fruit, or an occasional cookie or popsicle in the summer. Milk is served during all snack times. We attempt to keep sugar food to a minimum. To comply with regulations, it is requested that parents send store-bought cupcakes if they would like to celebrate their child's birthday. Please let us know if your child has any food allergies. We can take the necessary precautions if we are aware of the allergy.
Discipline Philosophy and Policy
Our maximum consequence used is timeout. Maximum timeout consists of 1 minute per age year of the child, and only used when necessary.
Our staff uses the theory that all children make mistakes and that is actually what it is: a mistake. We explain to the child what was not right and how to make it right. We tell them "when everything is right, then everyone is happy." We guide our children into being kind to one another. Our children are never bad; they are little children just trying to find their way in life just like you and me. Some days our children just need a little extra love. Sometimes we need to listen to them and sometimes they are just not old enough to explain. We sincerely try to evaluate each situation.
We want to help them to always tell the truth so they feel better about themselves. To the children we are The Wizard; we can give them heart, courage and brain, or we can take it away. We are very careful how we speak to the children.
We believe our children are happy, good and kind. Please observe our wonderful little children at work or play. We believe our children are developing an "inner discipline."
The following policies are in accordance with the Oregon Department of Education regarding student records, access and transfer of records.
- All student records will be kept for three years after a child has withdrawn or transferred from LOMS.
To help ensure the ability to maintain student records in
the unlikely event of a fire or other disasters, copies
of all student records will be kept in three separate areas.
Copies will be kept in a locking filing cabinet or secured
area in the:
- Director/Principal's home office
- The school counselor's home office
- On grounds in the school office
- LOMS will keep a record of who has access to student records along with the reason for access. No one will have access to student records or files without express and written need.
- LOMS will promptly transfer a copy of the last report card (generally the last report card of the year) and immunization records to the new school. Earlier records of report cards may also be sent if requested. At no time will records be withheld from other institutions because of non-payment of fees.
- LOMS will keep a signed release of information from parents to allow for transfer of student records. Student records or confidential information will not be shared without the parent's written release or consent.
- In the event that LOMS closes permanently, all applicable student records will be transferred to the local education service district or the county unit office. In the event that another depository for student records is chosen, LOMS will notify the department in writing of the name and location of the depository.